'UK Celebrity Talk'

Photos

You Are Here: Home» Feature , Today's Popular » Gail Porter checks into South African rehab centre for three-month treatment program


Former TV presenter Gail Porter has checked herself into a rehab centre for three months in South Africa in a last attempt to beat her depression and addiction to alcohol. Speaking to The Sun, the 41-year-old said: 'I’m terrified. I’m scared to death. But I also think this is the happiest I’ve ever been. 'I think this is the best thing I could do to get me out of the state I’m in. The truth is I do think, "Someone, please look after me, if only for a minute." 'But if I felt stronger, then I would look after myself. Wanting to be stronger is one of my reasons for going into rehab in Cape Town. 'The truth is that I’m really upset and I need help. So I’m off to try to sort my head out.' Gail has suffered with depression and bipolar since she was a teenager. Last year she went to rehab after being sectioned after she accidently overdosed on painkillers. Now she firmly denies she was attempting suicide at the time, she said: 'I wouldn’t, in a million years, try to kill myself. I took an accidental overdose of painkillers, then called the doctors myself. 'I was very depressed, I was trying to sleep but I didn’t want to kill myself. That’s why I called the doctor and told him that I’d taken too many painkillers, and ended up in hospital.' Well, we certainly hope her latest trip to rehab will help her on the road to recovery.












 Posted: 01/08/2012
http://www.mrpaparazzi.com/post/20101/Gail-Porter-checks-into-South-African-rehab-centre-for-threemonth-treatment-program

0 comments

Leave a Reply